Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Simply put, I am passionate about relationships because I believe the quality of our relationships can make or break the quality of our lives (including the relationship we have with ourselves!)
Regarding my professional development, I obtained my Masters degree in Marriage & Family Therapy from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Over the past 18 years, I have been licensed in the states of Nevada and Oregon and have obtained specialized training in:
- Family Therapy – Bowenian, Psychoanalytic, Structural, Solution Focused, and Narrative Therapies
- Couples Therapy – Gottman, Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) and IMAGO Relationship Therapies
- Adult, Adolescent and Child Therapy – Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Play Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Other Certifications / Honors include:
- Pastoral Theology Certification
- Guest speaker for integrating counseling and spirituality
- Featured on MTV’s Emmy award winning television series True-Life
- Established monthly local therapist consultation group
This brings me to my affinity for helping other therapists and small business owners navigate their entrepreneurial challenges of such a unique workload. Managing stress and fear is crucial to actualizing any business goals, especially with the hopes of enjoying the process and sparing your family from the overflow of your work challenges.
Another joy of mine is working with families suffering with a loved ones addiction or mental illness. I strongly believe family involvement is crucial for long-lasting success and I encourage treating the family as a whole in these situations.
One last but equal passion of mine is working with LGBTQ and their parents/families, particularly families with religious backgrounds, as they may actually find support to be difficult within their communities and may experience tremendous shame, not knowing where to turn for help.
Other (probably useless) but fun facts about me: I was raised in Las Vegas, Nevada and currently reside in the beautiful NW with my hubby of 18 years, our only daughter and our little dog named Cannoli. Aside from my work, I also enjoy many hobbies when I can, such as writing, anything fitness, dance, photography, drum kits and Harley Davidsons!